BELLAIRE LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
BELLAIRE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
The purpose of the School-Parent-Child Compact, found in Section 1118 of Public Law Leave No Child Behind, is to build and foster the development of a school-parent partnership to help all children achieve the State’s high standards.
Responsibility for improved student achievement will be shared by parents, the child, and teachers.
I, ,want my child, , to do well in school and I will help in the following ways:
* Read aloud to my child.
* Listen to my child read.
* Have a quiet place in my home for reading/writing/math activities.
* Make sure my child comes on time to school each day.
* Monitor T.V. and video games.
* Come to parent/teacher conferences.
* Support the school discipline program.
* Set goals with my child.
* Praise my child for progress and goals attained.
* Set high expectations for academic learning.
* Make sure my child is ready for school (proper rest, breakfast, clean, well-groomed, and healthy).
Signature of Parent/Guardian Date